Dm_Island17 was made for the Valve Half-Life 2: Deathmatch mapping contest. Contest rules required that the map use only stock content (textures, models, etc). The map is set on Island17, an island off the coast of City 17. Expect lots of vertical combat.
Download: dm_island17.zip (dm_island17.bsp)
Bird’s Eye Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtFW94gcRDo (thanks to MrSniperduck for making this video)
- MacD remade this map for Zombie Mod. You can check it out here: http://zombiemod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2795 Or here: zm_macd_island17
- Ashboy909 made a music video of the map, set to Daft Punk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tG8tD5y51Q
- SgtMako made an action-sequence video using the map, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjjJYkQ2Sp0#t=03m35s
- XeonIgnitionStudios made a short action film using the map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOJ8NG6zwig
- SawBladeComb made a short machinama film using the map: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM2HA3WuT0I
- Someone (I don’t know who) made a night version called dm_Island18. http://www.theicecave.net/zm/maps/dm_island18.bsp.bz2
- There’s a version floating around called ttt_island17, which can be downloaded here: http://filesmelt.com/dl/ttt_island17.bsp. I haven’t tried it.
- Another version, this one for the IF mod: if_island17, http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=98757
- Scar made a similar map with some inspiration from dm_island17: Scar Island. It’s pretty sweet so props to him for making it.